By Douglas F. Twiss, & Annie R. Russell Reece H. Vallance
Read or Download A textbook of inorganic chemistry vol.VII part II Sulphur, Selenium, and Tellurium PDF
Best chemistry books
Reservoir geochemistry can throw mild at the starting place of petroleum reservoir fluid heterogeneities at various spatial and temporal scales. this data can be utilized to appreciate the formation and function of petroleum accumulations, and is a useful software for exploration, improvement and construction recommendations.
- Organoselenium Chemistry: Modern Developments in Organic Synthesis
- Fouling of Heat Exchangers (Chemical Engineering Monographs 026)
- Aromatic Substitution Products with Fluorine
- Carbohydrate Chemistry Vol. 14, Part II
- A Different Story of pi;-Delocalizations - The Distortivity of pi;-Electrons and Its Chemical Manifestations
- Synthetic Rubbers: Their Chemistry and Technology
Additional resources for A textbook of inorganic chemistry vol.VII part II Sulphur, Selenium, and Tellurium
29) that the piperitone photo-adduct (209) undergoes a thermal rearrangement to produce (210). These authors have now shown that (210) can be converted into calameon (see also Ref. 228). loO As shown in Scheme 26, the critical synthetic step involves the solvolysis of the bicyclic tosylate (213) which proceeds by intramolecular capture of the cyclopropylcarbinyl cation by the pendant acetylene group to afford (214). 96 97 98 99 loo F. E. Condon and D. L. West, J. Org. , 1980,45,2006. P. A. Wender and J.
86 Previously these two compounds have been converted into (+)-zizaene (189). 0'*5]undecyl skeleton involves the intramolecular 1 iii-v, - - 0 vi, vii viii-x PhS* i PhS' OTs 1 x i . SMe,; ix, H,O,-OH-; x, TsCI-py ; xi, MCPBA; xii, KOBu'; xiii, Na-Hg-Na2HP04; xiv, (CO,H),-H,O; xv, NaOMe Scheme 22 " 86 L. Piovetti and A . Diara, Phytochemistry, 1977, 16, 103; L. Piovetti and A . , 1980, 21, 1453. E. Piers and J. Banville, J. Chem. , Chem. , 1979, 1138. 87aA very similar and independent result has been obtained by Oppolzer and B ~ r f o r d .
03 (224) A long standing mechanistic problem has been the route by (+)-longifolene (225) undergoes the acid-catalysed rearrangement to (-)-isolongifolene (232). Initially a mechanism was proposed in 1964 by O u r i s ~ o nwhich ' ~ ~ was attractive especially in the economy of the number of steps (225)-(232). However, in 1967 Berson and ~ o - w o r k e r spointed ~ ~ ~ out that one of the steps, (227) + (228), involved an endo- 2,3-methyl migration which lacked precedent in simpler methylnorbornyl systems.