Advances In Biochemical Engineering Biotechnology Plant by J.-J. Zhong

By J.-J. Zhong

The new achievements in engineering stories on plant cellphone cultures are reviewed, incorporated are the gasoline focus results and bioprocess integration for the improved productiveness of plant secondary metabolites. The metabolic engineering of plant secondary metabolite pathways and recombinant protein creation from genetically converted plant cells are brought. Large-scale plant micropropagation through somatic embryogenesis and bushy roots is mentioned for effective propagation of desease-free, genetically uniform and large quantities of crops in vitro in great quantities. Characterization and alertness of furry plant roots endowed with photosynthetic capabilities can be lined during this exact quantity.

Show description

Read Online or Download Advances In Biochemical Engineering Biotechnology Plant Cells PDF

Similar chemistry books

Understanding Petroleum Reservoirs: Towards an Integrated Reservoir Engineering and Geochemical Approach (Geological Society Special Publication No. 237)

Reservoir geochemistry can throw mild at the foundation of petroleum reservoir fluid heterogeneities at numerous spatial and temporal scales. this knowledge can be utilized to appreciate the formation and function of petroleum accumulations, and is a necessary instrument for exploration, improvement and construction ideas.

Extra resources for Advances In Biochemical Engineering Biotechnology Plant Cells

Example text

In an efficient commercial phytoproduction process, the cells will be in contact with near optimum concentrations of each dissolved gas. However, to insure that this occurs, the designer must know both the ideal concentrations and (for material balance reasons) the production and usage rates. 1 Specific Consumption of Oxygen Both the studies of Hulst et al. [31] and Hallsby [32, 33] reported zero-order consumption; that is, in the normal concentration range, cellular O2 consumption was not dependent on its concentration.

C. Linden et al. –1 Fig. 3. Specific oxygen consumption rate (g O2 g–1 dw h ) of A. annua from type ‘a’ cultures as a function of oxygen headspace concentration FDW/IDW g glucose / L concentrations continuously through a test might well lead to different culture behavior than that observed from conventional cultures. The growth ratio of finaldw to initialdw (FDW/IDW) and glucose concentration as functions of time are shown in Fig. 4. Since the growth ratio data became divergent and the glucose levels decreased to low levels after 10–11 days, it was decided to routinely subculture using 10- or 11-day-old inoculum (that is, two generations every 3 weeks).

2001 10:14 Uhr Seite 47 (Schwarz/Process Black Bogen) 47 Gas Concentration Effects on Secondary Metabolite Production by Plant Cell Cultures dicated a 6% probability (at the 94% confidence level) there would have been as much (or more) difference between the mean and fit if the populations were indistinguishable. We conclude, therefore, that growth in conventional cultures was significantly more rapid than would occur in a gas feed culture with the same average headspace composition, subject to the qualifications of the previous paragraph.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.95 of 5 – based on 23 votes