By Lee Naylor
This e-book will educate readers tips on how to construct and installation a completely for instance retail site utilizing Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework applied sciences and suggestions. This publication includes numerous options to genuine international matters that builders will often encounter.
Whether you're a amateur developer or an skilled .NET developer wishing to profit extra approximately MVC and Entity Framework, writer Lee Naylor will educate you ways to improve an in depth database pushed instance web site utilizing Microsoft ASP.NET and Entity Framework Code First with absolutely defined code examples including:
• Filtering and looking out comparable facts utilizing Linq• utilizing code first migrations to instantly replace the database plus seeding information from code• tips to use visible Studio Scaffolding perspectives and controllers• deal with CRUD operations together with version binding as urged by way of Microsoft and working with cascading deletions safely• enter and knowledge validation utilizing Attributes• Sorting and paging via info and routing for pleasant URL codecs• Authorization and Authentication utilizing Microsoft identification v2 by means of using Microsoft instance code together with right use of redirection after login and registration• complicated innovations together with handling facts concurrency conflicts and utilizing database contexts• Asynchronous database entry and paging• Azure deployment utilizing Code First Migrations, distant debugging and viewing/editing your distant facts• CSS Styling together with animation and media queries
What you are going to Learn:
• wake up and operating quick with ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework development a posh website to exhibit and deal with numerous comparable entities• the right way to combine id code right into a undertaking• complex subject matters together with: Asynchronous database entry and handling facts conflicts• operating with Microsoft Azure together with distant debugging and database entry• CSS abilities together with animations and media queries to be used with pill or mobile/cell cell devices
Who This e-book Is For:
People eager to research ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework starting from beginner builders new to the topic via to more matured ASP.NET net types builders seeking to migrate from net varieties to MVC and Entity Framework. The e-book assumes a few programming wisdom corresponding to object-oriented programming options and a uncomplicated wisdom of C#.
Read or Download ASP.NET MVC with Entity Framework and CSS PDF
Similar c & c++ windows programming books
The expanding acclaim for home windows has reworked the way in which courses are used and written. home windows calls for programmers to take advantage of object-orientated programming (OOP) equipment. This e-book, for intermediate point or skilled programmers, goals to teach how OOP thoughts might be utilized within the actual global, with specific emphasis on programming below home windows.
In-depth insurance of the key visible Studio 2015 revamp expert visible Studio 2015 is the top pro's consultant to new and upgraded gains of Microsoft visible Studio. With a distinct IDE-centric procedure and deep dive into the software's many nooks and crannies, this e-book will carry you on top of things quick on every little thing visible Studio 2015 has to supply.
PowerShell is either a language and an administrative shell with you could keep watch over and automate approximately each point of home windows. It accepts and executes instructions instantly, and you'll write scripts to control so much home windows servers like trade, IIS, and SharePoint. This e-book is an instructional designed for busy directors.
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-502): Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 Windows® Presentation Foundation
- Pro Scalable .NET 2.0 Application Designs (Expert's Voice in .Net)
- The World of Scripting Languages (Worldwide Series in Computer Science)
- Effective C++
- Pro Ajax and the .NET 2.0 Platform
Extra resources for ASP.NET MVC with Entity Framework and CSS
We will use these to create a database using Entity Framework Code First. I’ll show you how to set up a database context class, specify a connection string, create a database from your code, and add new views and controllers to manage and display the product and category data. com as a starting point. Adding the Model Classes Entity Framework Code First allows the creation of a database from classes. To start this chapter we will create two new model classes to represent products and categories.
If SQL Server Object Explorer is not visible, click on View ➤ SQL Server Object Explorer from the main menu. Figure 2-10. Categories>Columns. Products>Columns, as per Figure 2-11. The columns listed in the database match the properties in our model classes. The table names have been pluralized by default. The Categories table contains the columns ID and Name. The Products table contains the columns ID, Name, Description, Price, and a foreign key CategoryID. The data types of the columns match the types specified in each model class.
Examining the Product Controller and Views The ProductsController class and the associated views are very similar to the CategoriesController class and I am not going to cover them in great detail; however, there is one significant new piece of functionality to cover. The application needs to provide a way to associate a product with a category and it does this by rendering an HTML select element so that the users can pick a category from a list when creating or editing a product. Categories, "ID", "Name"); This code assigns an item to a ViewBag property named CategoryID.